Christmas is getting nearer! This week we bring you the Maltese-style Christmas Log, which varies from the traditional Yule Log done elsewhere in the world. Our Log is less of a roll and more of a delicious mix of nuts, biscuits and glaced fruits, resulting in one of the most delectable desserts of the holidays. Want to learn how the Maltese prepare their Log? Read on, and prepare this Maltese delicacy yourself!
- 2 Packets biscuits plain (you can use Morning Coffee or Digestive)
- 1 large tin Condensed milk
- 100g Glace cherries
- 100g Walnuts
- 100gCandied peel
- 150g Hazelnuts and Almonds (crushed)
- 100g Milk Chocolate Bar
- Some Brandy
- Crush the biscuits
- Chop the nuts (make sure they are roasted beforehand)
- Mix all ingredients (except Milk Chocolate Bar) by hand in a large bowl.
- Shape Mixture to form the log and wrap in a greaseproof paper.
- Put into the fridge and leave it for 12hours to harden.
- Remove the log shaped mixture from paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water and cover to decorate the Christmas log.- you can use flakes of hardened choc to add texture to your Christmas log.