Kusksu is a delicious Maltese heart-warming soup, traditionally made in the Spring, when broad beans are in season. It is a dish that will transport you back to the Maltese islands, with its mixture of traditional tastes and flavours, especially if you add a Gozitan cheeselet (ġbejna) to your recipe.
Salt and pepper
Fresh goat’s cheese (ġbejna)
Chicken stock cube
- Fry the onion with some salt and pepper.
- Add in the water and leave to boil.
- Add carrot, potatoes, broad beans, peas and chicken cube.
- When the vegetables are ready, add in raw eggs not beaten.
- When cooked, remove the eggs.
- Add couscous and when ready add goat’s cheese.
- Put in the eggs and serve.