- 400g Farmo Fibrepan
- 50g Farina di Mais Finissima Nutrifree
- 50g Farina di Riso Nutrifree
- 370ml tepid water
- 14g fresh yeast or 7g dried/easy blend yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 level tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Tomato Sauce or Passata
- Bufala Mozzarella
- Sliced Egg Tomatoes (oval shaped tomatoes)
- Fresh Basil
- Olive oil
- Pour the water in a bowl, add the sugar and the yeast. Mix until the yeast dissolves.Place the flours in a bowl and mix.
- Pour in the yeast/water and start mixing until combined, add the olive oil and salt.
- Keep mixing and then transfer to a floured worktop. Work the dough until smooth.
- Place back in the bowl and cover the bowl tightly with cling-film.
- Leave to rise for 3 to 4 hours in a warm place.
- Take out the dough, work it lightly on a floured surface and divide into two or three pieces depending on how big you want your pizzas.
- Flatten the dough pieces using your palm on the work surface and then transfer to a baking paper lined tray. Using your hands, keep stretching, pressing and pushing the dough gently, into a large circle.
- With a pastry brush, brush the edges with a little melted butter.
- Leave to rise for another hour covered with a damp kitchen towel to keep the bases from drying out.
- In the meantime, prepare your topping.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C or the highest your oven can go.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the pizza bases. Add some seasonings, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and Italian herbs.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until the crust turns golden. Take the pizza out of the oven, place the sliced Bufala mozzarella, the sliced tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil, scatter some fresh basil leaves and serve.
Enjoy your pizza!